Congressman John Conyers, Jr. (D-Michigan) office is currently seeking Fall Interns
The purpose of this internship is to provide the student with complete exposure to the workings of a Congressional office in a dynamic team environment – which we hope will be an exciting experience!
To provide assistance to the Chief of Staff and Legislative Assistants on congressional projects including preparing for briefings, researching topics for floor speeches and press releases, and evaluating legislation to be considered on the House floor. A major responsibility will also include managing the front desk, which entails the following: answering phones (screening calls and taking accurate phone messages), greeting constituents, opening and distributing office mail, analyzing constituent letters, and entering and tracking constituent casework in the office database.
Special Research Project:
You will be given the opportunity to research a topic of your choice and submit your findings with policy recommendations to the appropriate staff person.
• Must be a current college student
• Must be friendly and pleasant on the phone and to office visitors
• Eager to assist staff with projects and general office duties
• Flexible work hours with at least a minimum of 12 hours per week
Please put the words “INTERN APPLICATION” in the subject line of your email. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Questions to be completed by applicant:
(1) Please explain in a brief statement why you are interested in a congressional internship with Congressman John Conyers, Jr..
(2) Please indicate areas of legislation you are most interested in learning.
(3) Please provide a list of any relevant experiences such as class assignments, projects, memberships, etc.
(4) Please provide two professional references.
(5) Please indicate your hours of availability.